Aller au menu du forum Aller au contenu du forum Aller à la recherche dans le forum
Logo Khaganat
Menu principal

Avoir notre "cape" sur IRC ?

Zatalyz

Il est possible, sur IRC, d'avoir une cape (cloak en anglais) qui cache notre adresse IP.

Citation de: WikhanCacher son adresse IP

Cette procédure est spécifique à freenode (même si d'autres serveurs offrent sans doute un service similaire).

Votre pseudo doit être enregistré. Rejoignez le canal #freenode et demandez poliment et en anglais "an unaffiliated cloak". L'équipe de freenode peut prendre deux semaines à traiter la demande, surtout si vous venez juste d'enregistrer votre pseudo.

Il est possible de demander un nom spécifique à un projet, dans ce cas c'est à l'équipe du projet qu'il faut demander son "cloak", par exemple user@Wikipedia/User. Actuellement le réseau freenode ne donne plus que des cloak "anonymes" ou de projets déjà existants, ils ont suspendu les cloak personnalisés par manque de temps pour gérer ça.

Moi, j'ai pas envie d'être "unaffiliated". C'est trop triste. Mais bon, j'ai lu et relu http://freenode.net/group_registration.shtml et ça change pas : freenode a suspendu le service.

Comme je suis têtue (juste un peu), j'ai fini par aller sur #freenode pour trouver une solution. Désolé, ce qui suit est en anglais, mais je résume à la fin.

Citation<Zatalyz>
I see that freenode group registration is currently suspended, because it take more time (and I understand that ; time is precious in project with volunteers).
My question will probably seem stupid, but I have not found the answer on the web:
Have you considered that project who want group registration can pay freenode to have this service ?
That could be a flow of money to freenode, and maybe even pay someone to take care tasks (to manage cloak, or resolve bug, or other ;) ).
I manage a project and we use freenode with pleasure. Ok, we are all volunteers and don't have money.
But if it's possible, I would consider easily to pay freenode for have a lovely cloak with the name of the project. Price between 20 to 100€ seems possible in my eye.
Price like 100€ limits requests (only project really motivated pay that, or professional) and can bring a small income

<mist> Buying your way to a project seems to contradict our purpose a little
<Zatalyz> why contradict ?
<mist> welllll we're here to forward the notion of collaboration on free and open source projects.  If we say "fancy cloaks to those with enough cash" it's a bit of a joke.
<neun> Hey, could someone free the nick "neun" it has been idle for a while and i would like to use it
<kun> mist: Why is the project registration suspended then?
<dreamreal> mist: if it's an open source project, what's the process for getting a group cloak for it?
<Bremsstrahlung> dreamreal: The group contacts have to grant you one; they request staff cloak the person, and if the person agrees, they're cloaked.
<Zatalyz> mist : but for the moment, cloak isn't possible, because freenode haven't time... If money can unlock time, why not ?
<Bremsstrahlung> dreamreal: Of course, this implies that the group is already registered, with a team of group contacts.
<dreamreal> Bremsstrahlung: getting the group registered, with a contact, was the part I was wondering about
<Bremsstrahlung> dreamreal: ...right, /that/ is not something that can be done at the moment, unfortunately.
<Bremsstrahlung> dreamreal: We'll just have to wait for GMS to show up. :)
<mist> Money probably could unlock time, but I expect you'd be looking at substantially more than 100 euros.
<dreamreal> Bremsstrahlung: *nod*
<mist> essentially you'd have to pay all the staff to ..well, staff.
<Zatalyz> all or nothing... but maybe exist an intermediate solution ?
<tx> I don't think the GMS should ever be finished. It has taken so long that I have 'Half Life 3' expectations of it. :)
<Bremsstrahlung> Heh.
<Zatalyz> I find it sad that new projects may not have cloak, and if we can help to make it possible again, I want help.
<Bremsstrahlung> Zatalyz: You can certainly register a /channel/ on freenode in the primary namespace if you have a valid claim over it.
<Bremsstrahlung> Maybe see if that's enough for you till cloaking is possible for new groups?
<Zatalyz> Bremsstrahlung, I don't understand... what is a primary namespace ? (i'll go to rtfm ^^)
<Bremsstrahlung> Zatalyz: See https://freenode.net/policy.shtml#channelnaming
<Zatalyz> thanks
<Bremsstrahlung> np
<Zatalyz> Ok Bremsstrahlung, i read https://freenode.net/policy.shtml#channelnaming ... interesting but not funny like cloak ^^
<Zatalyz> I like idea of cloak, because it's protect (a little) anonymous, while promoting the group that we represents...
<Zatalyz> and "unafiliated" is not funny :p
<christel> Zatalyz: drop us a line to projects@freenode.net with details of your project, namespace, etc. and we'll see what we can do :)
<Zatalyz> ok ^^ I write this and see !
<christel> Zatalyz: remember to include your nick! :)
<Zatalyz> yes ! thanks christel

Je leur proposais de mettre en place un service payant pour ces capes. Est-ce que j'aurais été prête à payer 100€ pour qu'on puisse fièrement s'afficher comme étant Khaganat ? Oui, je pense ; freenode nous est très utile et j'aimerais bien les aider en retour, comme je peux (ceci dit, 100€ c'est beaucoup pour moi, hein, donc si je peux éviter je préfère).

La réponse de christel me fait penser qu'il est peut-être possible de négocier une cape, si on est gentil  O:-)
Ceci dit, si y'a moyen de démocratiser à nouveau les capes personnalisées ça serait plus cool (je pense entre autre à #ryzom et compagnie, je suis sûre qu'ils aimeraient aussi). Donc... devinez quoi ? Je vais devoir écrire un beau mail en anglais, pour tout ça : avoir une cape pour notre projet, voir si je peux aider freenode à remettre ce service en place, et peut-être négocier pour ryzom aussi (oui, ma bonté me perdra). Et comme je suis pas douée en anglais, j'espère que vous pourrez me relire après, hein  ;)

Licences Mentions légales Accueil du site Contact